I am working full-time and trying to get clients for my business. The hardest part is marketing and writing a blog.I've started a blog but what topics can I write about? What about marketing?
It's got to be tough working full-time while trying to start a business. On the other hand, that gives you an income you can count on while you work on building your business.
Since you have such a busy schedule, it's important to make an appointment with yourself to make time to work on your business, write blog posts and market. Then keep your appointment as though you were meeting with a new client!
Here are some suggestions from the Action Guide, Building Blocks: Succeed as a Chief Virtual Officer:
- Write a "how-to" article or a "ten tips" article
- Answer questions you get from prospects and clients as a blog post (much like this one)
- Invite prospects to write guest blog posts.
- Write about a client's success
- Post a list of relevant links with a short comment on why you found each valuable
- Share a recent experience you had
It's very helpful as part of your marketing strategy to also visit other blogs and post comments there that will link back to your own blog.
More tips on blogging and marketing can be found in the Action Guide, Building Blocks: Succeed as a Chief Virtual Officer.
What topics do you write about on your blog?