- Research shows that businesses that blog 4 to 5 times a week get over twice the traffic than those that blog less than four times per month. So start writing!
- Be sure to include keywords relevant to your industry.
- Optimize your titles by including those relevant keywords.
- Write about solutions to problems your clients face.
- Use your blog to earn your client's trust.
- Don't forget the Call to Action!
Blogging is just one piece of the puzzle in your social media marketing strategy. Yet it is the very foundation for your social media marketing. You use your blog as a starting place to post at Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and any other social media sites you use.
To help you create a blogging marketing strategy, I have created a special report that includes basic blogging information, resources and a questionnaire.
The topics covered include:
- Getting started with the basics of blogging including why you should have a blog and what the benefits are of having a blog
- Three keys to successful blogging
- When to post, finding time to write, ideas on what to write
- Promoting your blog via social networking sites
- My personal recommendation on which blogging platform to use and how to get started affordably
You can download this free report now. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have.
Most new Virtual Assistants have many questions about their new business venture. It can be quite confusing to know what choices to make since there are so many. I've created a free 10-page report that answers just five commonly asked questions by new Virtual Assistants. There are of course many more questions you will have. I encourage you to follow this blog to find additional information and resources to help you succeed in your Virtual Assistant business.
The 5 questions that will be answered in this free report are:
1. What Kind of Investment Should I Expect to Make to Be a Successful Virtual Assistant in 6 Months?
2. How Can I Market My Business?
3. What About Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure?
4. What Topics Should I Write About On My Blog?
5. How Do I Raise Client Rates?
There is also a Bonus section with some ideas on how to proactively market your business. There are no strings attached to get this report. I don't even ask for your email. Just download the PDF of 5 Questions Commonly Asked by New Virtual Assistants by clicking here.
I am working full-time and trying to get clients for my business. The hardest part is marketing and writing a blog.I've started a blog but what topics can I write about? What about marketing?
It's got to be tough working full-time while trying to start a business. On the other hand, that gives you an income you can count on while you work on building your business.
Since you have such a busy schedule, it's important to make an appointment with yourself to make time to work on your business, write blog posts and market. Then keep your appointment as though you were meeting with a new client!
Here are some suggestions from the Action Guide, Building Blocks: Succeed as a Chief Virtual Officer:
- Write a "how-to" article or a "ten tips" article
- Answer questions you get from prospects and clients as a blog post (much like this one)
- Invite prospects to write guest blog posts.
- Write about a client's success
- Post a list of relevant links with a short comment on why you found each valuable
- Share a recent experience you had
It's very helpful as part of your marketing strategy to also visit other blogs and post comments there that will link back to your own blog.
More tips on blogging and marketing can be found in the Action Guide, Building Blocks: Succeed as a Chief Virtual Officer.
What topics do you write about on your blog?
It may be time to hire a Blog Content Manager and Promoter. Whether your goal is to attract new clients or increase traffic to your blog, a Blog Content Manager can assist. Maybe you're an author and want to build an audience for book sales; perhaps you want to generate more traffic and increase ad sales. Whatever your goal is, a Blog Content Manager can help make sure your blog is regularly updated and promoted on social media networks.
Here's what one client has to say:
Sue has been managing my blog content for over a year and her services have added tremendous value to my business. I’ve worked with a lot of contractors over the years, and Sue is one of the best. I greatly appreciate that I can count on her to deliver on her promises, and she always meets deadlines. Sue’s efforts have also given me more time to focus on growing my business, and the consistent addition of content has helped drive a tremendous amount of traffic to my site (http://BusinessInfoGuide.com). I would not hesitate to recommend Sue for blog content management and promotion. She is a true professional who will make your life a lot easier and help bring traffic to your website. - Stephanie Chandler, Business Info Guide